Things we taught them:
- A problem-solving approach to upcycling clothing, using the constraints of the garment you have been given to create something new.
- Creating customer personas to understand their target market.
- Practical sewing skills, which they used to upcycle their own tote bags with deadstock fabrics to take home.
Things THEY taught US:
- In their eyes, when creating a business, the fact that it needed to be sustainable was a given. Their mindset is so far ahead of many of the people I speak to in the fashion industry on a daily basis. This generation knows where the future of fashion is at.
- Many of them listed vintage and charity shops as their favourite place to buy clothes, and gave me the low down on where to find the best pieces in London.